GIARDINI DEL PARADISO
The grounds of the Boat House include Giardini del Paradiso, which is a series of gardens designed to provide sequential experiences. While strollers might glimpse other areas as they wander, the paths are orchestrated to enhance the immediate impact of each garden.
- The Pool House Garden—a recreation and entertainment area.
- The Belvedere—a place to view the Bay’s activities and the East Bay’s hills and towns.
- The English Garden—a smaller-scale garden with perennials, annual flowers and statuary.
- The Rose Garden—a place to enjoy a variety of fragrant roses while sitting in the pergola with its elevated view over the Bay.
- The Vegetable Garden—a source of fresh food for the family.
- The North Knoll Garden—a group of young fruit trees surrounded by lavender.
- Sculptures—are placed throughout the garden to surprise viewers including some by internationally renowned artist Jean-Pierre Rives.
Click to enlarge.